Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day 1

Hey all, Andy Henderson here. I'm going to keep this short since this is the first time I'm doing this, but I just wanted to share a few of the pictures that I got walking around Eden.


The credit for the idea of this picture actually goes in part to Kathryn. We were walking around together (she didn't have a camera with her), when she urged me to take this photo of Conn's Cadillac. After taking a few more "conventional" shots of the car, I experimented with this detail shot. I have to say that I like how it turned out.


I took this picture rather spontaniously as an attempt to not only practice the rule of thirds, but to try to create an interesting contrast between the patterns of the tire's tread and the trees in the background. Although I wish I had organized the horizon line slightly lower, I still like this shot.


Although this is not one of my favorite images from the shoot, I think that the branches of the tree look interesting - almost as if they are trying to grab the tower of the Student Union.


My favorite part of this shot is how the hallway seems to never end: it just goes on forever into that white light. I also like that the lockers provide a more vivid color pallette than some of the other images.


This picture was taken later in the day in my bedroom. The shadow behind the bulb sort of annoys me, but I liked the image enough to post it anyway. I may try this one again sometime when the light is better.


Again, this picture was taken later in the day, but it has proven to actually be one of my favorites. The contrast between the yellow bags and the black shadows are intriguing, as is the unique brick-like pattern created by the slumping bags.

Thanks, everyone for looking, and thank you also to Mr. Mohr for giving me the opportunity to post! God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Nice shots, Andy! Lots of good idea here! The blurry hallway photo is a nice effect.

    I also like the shot of the soccer field and heavy equipment.

    ReplyDelete