Sunday, November 22, 2009

Results - Rule of Thirds Project 1 by Missamo

After the discussion and slide show on the Rule of Thirds, club members went out around the school looking to practice composing photographs. I took my camera and went for a walk as well. First stop: my room where Mr. Hall was supervising the Chess Club. I snapped a few shots, and here's what I got.



I think Jourdain should be a bit more to the right. I can fix that in Photoshop Elements. He also looks slightly out of focus. I should have used focus lock when I composed the shot. Out of focus problems can't be fixed in Photoshop.



This looks a little better. The original image was cropped to put the subject in the correct position. However, the out of focus problem remains. Actually, nothing in the picture looks very crisp. This suggests a different problem: camera shake. Camera shake can be caused by several factors. The camera should be held very steady; the button should be squeezed slowly, so that it's almost a surprise when the picture is taken. Camera shake is ofen a problem when shooting in low light which forces a slower shutter speed.

Oh well...next time.



This looks a little better. It could perhaps be cropped and enlarged to show a closer view.

Like this:



Much Better! Thanks Jenny!!



This one could probably stand a little retouching, too. I could crop it and zoom in on Mr. Hall.

Or I could leave it like it is.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment